MN Duo (August 3-7)
MNDuo is a workshop for pianist/singer duos. With an emphasis on collaboration and partnership, duos will have the opportunity to participate in masterclasses, coachings, and seminars given by local and international artists, and will be introduced to a locally-established composer who will work with the duos on their music. Also, duos will have free admission to all recitals, and 2 separate performing opportunities.
Click HERE to apply for our 2015 Season!
1. A non-refundable application fee of $70.00 per duo or $40 for an individual applicant must be included with this application. Checks should be made out to 'Source Song Festival" or can be submitted electronically via PayPal. No application will be processed without this fee.
2. Applicants, whether singers or pianists, must be at least 18 years old as of May 1, 2015. Please note that pianist/singer teams are highly preferred, but not required
3. The deadline for receipt of all application materials is March 15, 2015.
4. REPERTOIRE REQUIREMENTS
AUDITION REPERTOIRE SELECTIONS:
These should be chosen from the standard French, German, Russian, English or Spanish art song repertoire, with one selection being by an American born after 1920 (NO Italian and NO arias). If chosen to participate in the Festival, the songs chosen for the audition do not necessarily have to be the songs the team would like to work on in the Master Classes.
Source Participants - Each singer-pianist team selected to participate in Source will be asked to have seven songs prepared to work on during the week, plus the possibility of music by a local composer to be assigned upon acceptance. All preformed teams will perform on all the recitals. Repertoire to be performed in the final recital will be chosen from songs worked on in the Master Classes.
Please note that Source Participants will be notified by April 1st, 2015. If chosen, the participants will then need to have repertoire set by May 1st, 2015. Repertoire will be discussed between the teams and the Artistic Directors of the Festival. By June 15, 2015, copies of music for the eight songs must be submitted to the Festival Office along with song texts in their original language with a line-by-line translation. Translations will be submitted by e-mail.
5. Source is not able to guarantee housing, meals, or transportation for participants, but is willing to help participants in finding accommodations
6. The program fee of $300/person will be due by July 1, 2015
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR OUR 2015 SEASON!